In the past 2 years our R&D dedicated a lot of energy, time, money and brain-storming in offering the unique sonic abilities of the AXIOM in a more affordable version.
To create an all-new superior 10" tonearm design - which also should be easy to mount on all turntables thanks to the slightly reduced effective length.
We have succeeded.
Introducing ... the AQUILAR - the all-new 10” reference tonearm
Immediate audible outperforming all other tonearms except the AXIOM.
the AQUILAR (origin from ancient latin "aquila" - the eagle)
offers many of the prime choice and expensive materials, as well as most of the unique technical key solutions which made the AXIOM's performance easily standing heads above all competition.
the AQUILAR comes equipped with an unique bundle of features:
- 10” effective length
- very easy and swift set up
- customized dedicated 3D-alignment template
- non-resonance HD18 tungsten carbide counterweight
- unique acoustical-systems non-resonance titanium/carbon-hybrid arm wand
- precision leveling of bearing plane - independent of arm board / turntable
- adjustable SRA, VTA, Azimuth, Overhang and Offset angle at headshell
- VTA adjustement on-the-fly
- non-touch magnetic Antiskating on-the-fly
- dynamic anti skating following the tangential curve
- the design is based on the unique UNI-DIN* geometry
- the critical inner wiring is fine 5N pure silver litz wire
* available with 2 terminal options:
direct-to-phono 1.2 m length phono lead (RCA or XLR - choice)or male DIN 5-pole connector
** available in 2 fine finishes:
black satin matt or ceramic-alloy silver matt
(note: this looks just great - especially on Kronos, TechDAS AFO, TechDAS AF2 and Sperling turntables!)
*** available in 2 mounting versions (exchangable by user in a minute):
with flat top mount plate (same as Tri-Planar, Jelco or DaVinci) or
drop-in replacement for any standard SME-mounting plate