Product Stereo NF type phono equalizer amplifier
RIAA Declination ±0.5dB (30Hz-20kHz)
Gain Phono 46dB
Input / Impedance 1pair (RCA, unbalanced) / 50kΩ
Output 1pair (RCA, unbalanced)
Noise less than 10mV
Vacuum tube 12AX7 x2, 12AU7 x2, 6X4 x1
Power consumption 25W
Dimension 230mm(W) 160mm(H) 400mm(D)
This flagship phono amplifier GE-10 is a compilation of all knowledges and experiences of Audio Note.
It was designed to work with flagship preamplifier G-1000 to create an ultimate preamplifier system for analogue playback.
－Equalizer circuit is CR type
－Separated Chassis and Fully Independent Power Supply
－Isolating the ripple filter capacitors and decoupling capacitors
－Large scale shunt type filament power supply circuit
－Power supply circuits are independent for best channel separation
－Adopt quality parts such as SSW (silk silver wire), silver foil capacitors, original power －transformer and copper chassis.
PHONO equalizer unit－－
Equalizer circuit is CR type so that most natural sound texture is obtained.
1st stage is cascode circuit, then the equalizer is followed by a cathode follower. This arrangement reaches low output impedance and ensures natural sound with no coloring.
Modularization of a phono amplifier section achieve shortness signal paths and the merit of hand wiring. Through it, 6 pcs of Vacuum tubes and large silver signal capacitors can be mounted tightly into the module.
Moreover, high purity signal loop are formed by placing 4 decoupling capacitors around the module. Also taking consideration that a solid-state pre-amplifier may be connected, GE-10 is possible to load with input impedance as low as 20kΩ.
Power supply, the shunt heater circuit－－
Rectification tunes is 6CA4. The power transformer and chokes are arranged so that minimum vibration is obtained. 3 kinds of decoupling capacitors are selected for well balance of tonal characteristics. Power supply is strengthened by clearly separating the ripple filter capacitors and decoupling capacitors.
Combining capacitor groups and a shunt type DC6.3V heater power supply circuit, ripples at power line is highly eliminated and heater voltage is regulated within ±5%.
Loading impedance and low cut filter－－
After connecting to a preamplifier and select the matching value (3 values selectable) at GE-10's output loading impedance, a 20kΩ resultant impedance is preset. The output capacitor of GE-10 and this 20kΩ makes a low cut filter with no negative effect to sound quality. This filter reduce a subsonic moderately and helps keep the sound clean.
Audio Note original silver foil capacitors, silver lead resistors, SSW wiring material, copper main chassis, original electrolytic capacitors, original RCA Jacks, original power transformers, chokes and a lot. Other parts such as market capacitors and resistors are selected carefully for each specific positions.
Designed to be the companion Phono amplifier of Integrated amplifier Overture and Pre-amplifier G-70, GE-1 gives the best out of analog playback with high definition and rich musical characters.
The newly developed phono amplifier circuitry is fueled by a gigantic power supply section. This special design draws the charms out of all recordings no matter matching with vacuum tube or solid state amplifier.
With intimate and crystal clear sound, GE-1 will definitely fill your audio enjoyment with ultimate pleasures.
- Output circuit is constructed by 2-stages NF+ cathode follower to reach low output impedance. It ensures freshness sound.
- A cut core power transformer with minimal magnetic flux leakage is adopted, providing best foundation for good sound quality.
- Decoupling capacitors are carefully placed along 4 different sections to create shortest routes on NFB paths, making signal loop with best purity.
- High sound quality low cut-off filter at the output stage is formed by a signal coupling capacitor and a user selectable loading resistance.
- Large scale bridge diode and TO3 transistor are employed at the DC heater circuit, realizing natural sound with deep texture.
- With best component placements, signal wiring and ground layout over module structure.
- Adopt original quality parts such as SSW (silk silver wire), silver foil capacitors etc.
- Pure copper sub-chassis is used to realize lively and open sound.